Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Most Expensive Meal I've Ever Bought for Myself was at an Airport

Long title, I know, but I felt it was necessary. Because just a little while ago I went to a deli sandwich shop kinda place in the terminal and paid $27.00 for a meal for myself. It started with the $3.70 dollar Vitamin Water and just went downhill from there. I grabbed a roast beef sandwich and was happy with that when I spotted the scrumptious-looking baked ziti pasta. So I told the girl at the register I just wanted a bit of the pasta. Well, she proceeded to take out a big container and just pile pound after pound of pasta into it. Add Chrisanne's goldfish I volunteered to pay for and my sandwich, and you've got a $27.00 airport meal. Yum.

Anyways, my apologies for such a large update on something as simple as my meal at the airport. I guess that's what happens when I update before I've even reached New Zealand. We're now in San Francisco, waiting for our 9pm flight to Auckland. During out 9 hour layover here in San Fran, Chrisanne and I did a bit of exploring. We took the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) a few stops into the city and walked down Haight St. We chose Haight St. because its not only in an Anberlin song, it is in a Third Eye Blind song (and we know that they are referencing that specific street because they are from SF), whom we love and adore.

Here's a couple photos from our time in SF:Chrisanne posing with the Haight St. sign

Our plane that brought us to Auckland in New Zealand

More, far more exciting updates to come shortly! Thanks for tuning in!

3 comments:

  1. i heard that you two have arrived safely in NZ. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would have gone balistic having to pay $27.00 just for a sandwich, pasta and drink. Airports know they have you over a barrel.

    Glad to see that you saw a bit of SF. It seems to be an amazing city. Enjoy!

    Get ready for major jetlag, though! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back when I was your age we didn't have a New Zealand we had to go to Old Zealand. And we didn't get to take a plane....we had to swim....barefoot...in the snow...uphill...both ways.

    Hope you both have a great time and come home safe.

    Duke

    ReplyDelete